The Fifth Annual Badlands Film Festival is fast approaching and it’s time to get your cameras rolling. We’re proud to announce that the must-attend event of ATA Tradeshow week has partnered with Garmin to bring you the ultimate Hunting Film Festival Experience.
Join us for an evening that will highlight amazing industry talent on the big screen as well as the biggest party in Indianapolis. Prizes, drinks, music and an all-around amazing atmosphere will have you marking your calendar for years to come! As you set out on your hunts with camera in-hand, keep the following guidelines in mind:
Feature Film Category:
- Recommended overall running time of 5 to 7 minutes (10 minute enforced maximum)
- HD Video files in mp4 or compressed .avi format
- Style is up to you! We highly recommend up-tempo footage that tells a compelling story.
- We shortened the maximum length as a challenge so embrace it and be creative!
- We’ve all seen a guy sitting and waiting in a tree… be different!
Garmin Short Film Category:
- Recommeded overall running time of 2-3 minutes (4 minute enforced maximum)
Garmin Short Film Judging Criteria
- Cinematography and Composition (25%)
Bring us inside your world in the most interesting way possible. Use the camera to capture the full experience of the hunt.
- Perspective and Degree of Shooting Difficulty (25%)
We want to see that you know what you’re doing with the camera. Show us the world of hunting as only you can tell it.
- Character and Trophy (25%)
The stars of these videos are the hunter and what he/she is pursuing. Let us see the hunter’s personality – talk to the camera, tell us what you’re doing, and show us how you’re doing it. If it results in a trophy – amazing! Show it! If it doesn’t, still tell a compelling and engaging story.
- Overall Beauty and Lighting (25%)
One of the greatest aspects of hunting is spending time in beautiful environments. Alongside your pursuit, showcase the natural world around you. Time lapses, tripod shots, varying POVs, and Steadicams bring body and diversity to your footage.
- All submissions must be received by December 13th, 2017 for consideration.
- Submissions will be reviewed by committee for possible inclusion into the 2018 Festival.
- Official Film Festival selections will be made by December 22nd and filmmakers notified.
You can submit your film for consideration into the 5th Annual Badlands Film Festival in any of the following ways:
- Upload to YouTube, Vimeo or any other online video site and send a link (and password if protected) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a hard copy (flash drive, SD card, DVD) to:
*not necessary if you sent a digital link
- Badlands Attn: Film Festival Entry8100 South 1300 West Suite DWest Jordan, UT 84088
- *Please remember to submit all films in HD, mp4 or compressed .avi and to note whether it is for the Feature Film Category or Garmin Short Film Category
Awards & Prizes
Feature Film Category (5 to 10 minute running time)
TO BE ANNOUNCED
Garmin Short Film Category (2-4 minute running time)
TO BE ANNOUNCED
The Small Print
- All submitters will be required to review, accept and sign a release form both confirming that the submission is an original piece of work and giving Badlands and Garmin permission to use completed film for future business ventures.
- All music and stock footage must be legally licensed or owned by filmmaker and appropriate credit given in the film. Any film submitted without proper licensing or granted permission will not be accepted.
- All submitted work must be original work of the submitter.
- Badlands reserves the rights to change details of the event including date, time, criteria and/or prizes.
- Must be 18 to enter.