The Fifth Annual Badlands Film Festival is fast approaching and it’s time to get your cameras rolling. We’re proud to announce that the must-attend event of ATA Tradeshow week has partnered with Garmin to bring you the ultimate Hunting Film Festival Experience.
Join us for an evening that will highlight amazing industry talent on the big screen as well as the biggest party in Indianapolis. Prizes, drinks, music and an all-around amazing atmosphere will have you marking your calendar for years to come! As you set out on your hunts with camera in-hand, keep the following guidelines in mind:
Feature Film Category:
- Recommended overall running time of 5 to 7 minutes (10 minute enforced maximum)
- HD Video files in mp4 or compressed .avi format
- Style is up to you! We highly recommend up-tempo footage that tells a compelling story.
- We shortened the maximum length as a challenge so embrace it and be creative!
- We’ve all seen a guy sitting and waiting in a tree… be different!
Garmin Short Film Category:
- Recommeded overall running time of 2-3 minutes (4 minute enforced maximum)
Both the Feature Film and Garmin Short Film Categories will be judged via instant text vote by those in attendance at the film festival.
- All submissions must be received by December 19th, 2017 for consideration.
- Submissions will be reviewed by committee for possible inclusion into the 2018 Festival.
- Official Film Festival selections will be made by December 27nd and filmmakers notified.
You can submit your film for consideration into the 5th Annual Badlands Film Festival in any of the following ways:
- Upload to YouTube, Vimeo or any other online video site and send a link (and password if protected) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a hard copy (flash drive, SD card, DVD) to:
*not necessary if you sent a digital link
- Badlands Attn: Film Festival Entry8100 South 1300 West Suite DWest Jordan, UT 84088
- *Please remember to submit all films in HD, mp4 or compressed .avi and to note whether it is for the Feature Film Category or Garmin Short Film Category
Awards & Prizes
Feature Film Category (5 to 10 minute running time)
- 1st Place = $2,500 cash + Badlands Gear + Garmin Secret Prize (Hint: It’s AMAZING)
- 2nd Place = $1,000 cash + Badlands Gear + Garmin Fenix 5 Watch
- 3rd Place = $500 cash + Badlands Gear + Garmin GPSMAP 64st
Garmin Short Film Category (2-4 minute running time)
- 1st Place = $1,000 cash + Badlands Gear + Garmin Secret Prize
Special $500 Cash Prize for “Best Use of Badlands Approach Camo”
The Small Print
- All submitters will be required to review, accept and sign a release form both confirming that the submission is an original piece of work and giving Badlands and Garmin permission to use completed film for future business ventures.
- All music and stock footage must be legally licensed or owned by filmmaker and appropriate credit given in the film. Any film submitted without proper licensing or granted permission will not be accepted.
- All submitted work must be original work of the submitter.
- Badlands reserves the rights to change details of the event including date, time, criteria and/or prizes.
- Must be 18 to enter.